Tatkal Passport is a fast track passport scheme for emergency reasons, as the name indicates itself, Tatkal means the fast track or temporarily issued passport. This type of issues is approved only when any one needs the passport urgently with genuine reasons. As anyone can apply for Tatkal passport, this scheme ensures that you receive the passport as soon as possible by issuing or reissuing passports instantly with an additional payment of around Rs. 3500 to 4000 which considered as a fee for an instant departure of your Tatkal passport. Post police verification is carried out in such applications. Applicant needs to appear before the officer for Tatkal passport as well as police verification, You have to Complete before handing over your passport.
In this post, we will guide you through the application process of the Tatkal passport. We have also given the list of all the required documents you have to submit for Tatkal passport. And also note that this procedure varies slightly from normal passport application.
Update: Also please note that the according to the new law made in the previous month, Before issuing passport police verification will be done before handing over the passport to you.
Get Tatkal Passport
Your passport will be printed and dispatched by government passport department authorities within one working day if the police verification is not required in your case. In case if post passport issuance police verification is required, then your passport will be dispatched on the third working day after the police verification is done.
Moreover, We have listed the complete procedure to get the passport check out our full details on applying for Tatkal passport online.
How To Apply For Tatkal Passport Online
- At First, You have to Register Yourself at Passport Seva Kendra Website.
- Then Just you have to login With your User id and pass.
- You can also select to apply fresh or reissuing as applicable whichever is your case then select Tatkal application type as an application.
- In this step you have to fill your application Form online and also by downloading it.
- Once you fill the form online then complete the payment and print your online payment receipt.
- Then, Just you have to Fix Your Appointment by going through here.
- Then, just go to RPO or PSK office on given appointment Time & Date.Moreover, Don’t forget to bring your Documents and Payment slip.
Documents Required for Tatkal Passport
In order to get the tatkal passport, you need to submit any of the below document. One of the following two documents is required for Passport:(Only if You need Passport urgently)
- Verification Certificate as per Annexure F.
- Any three documents from below list. (
- Election Card.
- Photo Id card issued by State or Central Government.
- Certificate of SC/ST/ OBC.
- Ration card.
- Pension Documents.
- Pan Card.
- Passbook of Bank/ Post office / Kisan.
- Student’s ID card.
- Driving License.
- Birth Certificates.
- Gas Connection Bill.
- A standard affidavit as per Annexure I on normal stamp paper and duly notarized.
- Also submit Print out of your application, online payment receipt and color photo with light or white background too.
This tatkal passport process is very much appreciated if anyone is traveling abroad for emergency issues.This scheme has also made getting passport in the breeze as well as very much convenient for Indian & US citizens who frequently travel abroad as well as for those who need passport quickly.
Moreover, Worried about Status of Your passport Then you can Easily Check passport status from our Homepage.